Friday, November 13, 2015

LOW BUDGET TRAVELING - general tips

You like?  ◕ ◡ ◕ Find my artwork on Instagram

Traveling around and finding my way in wandering adventures is one of the things I could actually say I'm pretty good at. I'm not a "professional", but I love getting lost, traveling into unknown or talking to strangers. Something that I find not too many people are really crazy about.

At first I traveled low budget because I was a college student who would spend her last savings on an airplane or a long distance bus ticket. But later I realized that those kinds of trips simply fulfill me the most. I've been to Paris but I haven't climbed up the Eiffel Tower. No, I met strangers and travellers sipping some wine laying on a blanket underneath it. I've been to New York, but I haven't been to State of Liberty. I did tho find a way to stay in The City for over a year.

I always say traveling is freedom for me and can't imagine not traveling. Money can sometimes be an issue, but it's possible! I'll be sharing some tips in few of my next traveling posts. Those really made traveling possible for me in the first place. I really hope it will give you some inspiration, open your mind to some new adventures and spark a little bit of wanderlust! 

In general, what I would say when it comes to low budget traveling is:

1. JUST GO FOR IT, BE CASUAL ABOUT IT
How many times someone asked you for a weekend trip or even a day trip but you worried about time, packing or organizing. That stuff don't matter! You don't have to be or look a certain way, you don't have to have the best photos of your trip and your hair might be all messed up on most of them but hey, that doesn't matter! Allowing yourself to be all bohemian and carefree could be the best accessories you will ever have. 

2. TAKE THE ROADS THAT ARE OPENING 
We all have some dream destinations but some of the best trips I had were the ones that were opening themselves to me. I haven't been particularly interested in Ireland at the time but that road trip in a tiny van that I was invited to was one of the best things ever! A lot of times I went places because of the company and discovered so much about myself and my preferences along the way. 

3. DON'T BE A TOURIST, BE A TRAVELER
There is so much more to traveling than visiting some "it" place where everything is overpriced and where for everything you need to wait in line. Sure, not everything when exploring will be "better" than some popular spot, but that proces of discovering feels so good. And once you find something that's (almost!) only yours, it feels that much more special.  

3. IT IS POSSIBLE AND YOU ARE ENOUGH
It's always possible to travel. It doesn't have to be a fancy far away destination (but it could be - airplane tickts can be super cheap if you're smart about it). It could be exploring your local country or volunteering in some far away country. It could be so many things once you open your mind to it. At first it could be a little scary to travel alone, but once you get into it, trust me - you'll meet so much new people and you could have the time of your life.

Plus, you will descover that you are never anyway really alone. Happy traveling eveybody!

2 comments:

  1. Great tips. When I am traveling I always try to remember to also always be present. Sometimes things go by so fast we can miss it, but also when you are always on the phone you forget to check in too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, glad you liked it! Yes, you're right, and the best thing about traveling IS in that feeling of being present and alive in every moment. :) I'll be checiking in with more practical tips soon. Xo!

      Delete

Hello there kind reader and thank you for your comment!
Have a great day. 。◕ ‿ ◕。 - IVA